Saturday, June 21, 2008

Costa Rica Update: June 12, 2008; 7:14 p.m.

J.L. here, I can´t read the spanish on this computer to and a new posting, ergo I´m adding a post as a "comment" and will resent such as a post when I get to another terminal, here it is: The expedition to Costa Rica is nearing its end. Thus far I´ve discovered what a star fruit tree looks like, eaten soursop/guananbana as large as my head, met Olga the owner of Olga´s Cafe, got punched in the mouth by my surfboard, went diving at 2 sites that translate as "the tits" and "dangerous" (on one dive using my skills as staying calm while running out of air and using Ellie´s back-up regulator to breath, and on the other dive using my skill of puking while breathing through a respirator since I got massively sea sick between dives and during my second ascent), ate so much passion fruit
that my urine turned painfully acidic, and today took a mountain bike through a local rainforest preserve while dodging grey iguanas that darted across the road. Tomorrow I will attempt to further develop my surfing skills and connect with Olga again in an attempt to procure some coffee from her private source to offer at Legare's--stay tuned regarding a future post on Costa Rican coffee procurement.

June 12, 2008 7:14 PM

No comments: